Sunday, December 27, 2015

Spirit


Album Review- Spirit by Leona Lewis

This isn't a new album, it came out on November 9th, 2007, but I still really like it.  Leona Lewis is a British singer and songwriter.  Leona Lewis won the third season of The X Factor and shortly after created this album. It was her first album. She now has eight albums. It is in the pop and contemporary R&B genres.The album has fourteen songs on it. It received six nominations for awards. I really like this album because of Leona’s vocals and how it’s almost like you can feel what she feels through her voice. I think that the music complements her voice well. Her song I Will Be is heavily compared to Avril Lavigne’s version, since Avril Lavigne wrote it, recorded it, then ended up selling it to Leona Lewis. I personally prefer Leona’s version because even though it seems Avril Lavigne is a little more emotional when singing it, Leona’s voice is stronger in her version. My top three off of the album are Bleeding Love, Better in Time, and I Will Be. I would give this album a 4.5/5 stars. I would recommend this album, anyone who is interested should totally check it out.

1 comment: